1) It is used as one of the key elements for producing medical grade magnesia.
2) In chemical arena, this mineral is used to produce magnesium salt.
3) In agricultural arena, this mineral is used to reduce acid content of soil.
4) It is also used to produce refractory bricks for steel manufacturing plants.
5) Dolomite is used in cement formulation process for its magnesium based content.
6) Dolomite is also required to produce ceramic and glass.
7) It acts as feed additive for livestock.
8) In construction arena, it is used to formulate aggregate and cement.
9) In metal processing field, dolomite acts as suitable sintering factor.
A stone that serve various industrial applications in an effective and excellent manner. They are used in chemical industry for neutralizing acid, also in steam restoration projects and as an effective soil conditioner. The stone are composed from Calcium Magnesium chloride and have a chemical formula CaMg(CO3)2. They can be availed in different colors that depends of the magnesium content in them. Owing to their crystal like appearance, are utilized for making various ornaments. The Dolomite Stones are also used as a sintering agent, a feed addictive for livestock, raw material in the production of ceramics, glass and bricks as well as a flux in metal processing.
1) Owing to their crystal like appearance, used as an ornamental stone.
2) They are added to soil for conditioning it.
3) Have accessibility in different magnesium content that effects the color of the stone.
4) Utilized as a catalyst for destruction of tar in the biomass gasification at elevated temperature.
5) As an vital ingredient in manufacturing of glass, ceramics as well as bricks.
In addition to the above, the stones are one of the major source for calcium and magnesium metals.