Washed China Clay Powder is reckoned for its high density level, stable chemical properties and low porosity level. This soft powder contains hexagonal shaped particles (can be viewed by electron microscope) of kaolinite mineral. Available in cully calcined form, this clay based product has less impurities and it absorbs minimum amount of water. Its refractoriness is high. Its naturally procured version contains minerals like feldspar, quartz and muscovite. Low thermal expansion co efficiency level and low dust content are its key features.
Production of Product:
It is produced by using black clay that goes through a number of procedures like grading, washing, rinsing and removal of impurities.
- IUPAC Name: Porcelain clay
- Other Name: Kaoline
- Molecular Weight: 258.156 g/mol
- Molecular Formula: Al2Si2O5(OH)
- CAS Number: 1332-58-7
- EC Number: 619-103-2
- PubChem CID: 56841936
Chemical/Physical Property(such as and also more, as possible):
- State: Powder
- Appearance/Color: White
- pH Value:6.0-7.5
- Particle Size: 325 to 6000 mesh
- Density: 0.4-0.6
- Specific Gravity: 2.7
- Whiteness:>93 min
Uses of Washed China Clay Powder:1) In coating industry, Washed China Clay Powder is used to improve homogeneity of coatings.
2) Due to its excellent elasticity level, this clay based product is used for gravure printing work.
3) It is also sued as one of the key raw materials for cast coated paper, corrugated paper and art paper.
4) It is required to produce low and high voltage ceramic.
5) This clay powder can enhance hardness level, abrasive attributes and shock protection performance of rubber.
6) It is used to reinforce plastics for its high dispersion level.
7) Due to its alumina enriched content, this clay powder is used to produce fiber glass.
8) Its presence can also be noticed in cosmetics and personal care products like soap and toothpaste.