We have been engaged in formulating and supplying Ferrous Sulphate which is used for different purposes. It is used as a soil amendment for lowering the pH of a high alkaline soil so that plants can access the soil nutrients. Provided ferrous sulphate is sometimes added to the cooling water flowing through the brass tubes of turbine condensers to form a corrosion-resistant protective coating. It is processed in hygienic environment condition with the help of most advanced technology in accordance with set industry norms. Ferrous Sulphate is also utilized as a traditional method of treating wood paneling in houses either alone or as a component of water-based paint.
Food Grade Ferrous Sulfate is mainly used in drug formulation and water purification industry. It is utilized as one of the key ingredients for food preservatives. It is hygroscopic by nature. White in color, it tends to oxidize under moist air and appears brown in color. It easily dissolves in water, especially boiling water.
- IUPAC Name: Ferrous sulfate
- Molecular Weight: 151.9087
- Molecular Formula: FeSO4
- CAS Number: 7720-78-7
- EC Number: 240-616-9
- PubChem CID: 24393
- State: Crystalline granular form
- Appearance/Color: White
- pH Value: 3.0-4.0
- Boiling Point: 330 degree C at 760 mmHg
- Melting Point: 64℃
- Density: 1.897 g/mL at 25 °C
- Refractive index: 11.53 m3·mol-1
- Solubility: Soluble in water and does not dissolve in ethanol
- Purity: 99.5%
Uses of Food Grade Ferrous Sulfate:
1) In pharmaceutical industry, Food Grade Ferrous Sulfate is used to formulate nutritional supplements to treat iron deficiency.
2) It is also used as color forming agent for vegetables and fruits.
3) In water treatment plants, it is used as good flocculation agent.
4) In animal feed producing industry, this chemical is used as nutritional additive.
5) It is utilized as suitable reducing factor while treating toxic wastes.
6) In agricultural arena, it is used as micro nutrients and soil conditioner.