High Quality Quartz Powder is acknowledged for its milky white appearance, excellent wear resistance properties, unique hardness level and stable chemical attributes. Also referred as silica powder, this mineral has low thermal expansion co efficiency and good dielectric characteristics. This mineral has good dispersion level and it can resist acid and alkali. Crystals of quartz has distinctive piezoelectric property that indicates about their electric voltage generation ability under high pressure. Stiffness of quartz powder and diamond is quite similar. This chemically inert mineral can endure high temperature. It is present in nature.
- IUPAC Name:Dioxosilane
- Other Name: Silicon Dioxide, silica
- Molecular Weight: 60.083 g/mol
- Molecular Formula: O2Si or (SiO2)n or SiO2
- CAS Number: 7631-86-9
- EC Number: 231-545-4
- PubChem CID: 24261
- State: Powder
- Appearance/Color: White
- pH Value: 6.5 to 7.5
- Particle Size: 300 mesh
- Boiling Point: 4.000 degree F
- Melting Point: 2,912 degree F
- Density: 1400-1570 kg/m3
- Refractive index: 1.46
- Specific Gravity: 2.65
- Thermal Conductivity: 1.4 W/m-k
- Solubility: Does not dissolve in water. Except hydrofluoric acid, it is insoluble in other acids.
- Whiteness: >90 %
- Purity: 4N
Uses of Products:
1) High Quality Quartz Powder is used to formulate construction materials to extend working life of concrete.
2) It is used as one of the key raw materials for producing glass and ceramic.
3) This powder is used as fillet material in paint industry.
4) It is also used for treating water.