River Sand is very fine-quality sand available in smooth texture and shape. This sand demands less water, hence it is ideal to be used at the places, where water availability is less. It has become one of the popular commodities now as it is perfect to be used in different construction activities from concrete production to plastering.
River Sand is a product of natural rocks weathering over a period of millions of years. This is obtained in white-grey color by mining the river beds and banks.
Specifications of River Sand:
- Concrete Strength: Lesser concrete than any other sand
- Marine Products: 1 - 2%
- Moisture Content: It traps moisture between the particles to provide excellent texture for concrete purposes.
- Over Sized Materials: 1 - 6%
- Particle size: 75 micron up to 3%
- Shape: Smooth texture with better shape
- Silt Content: Minimum silt content is 3%
Uses of River Sand:
1) It is used in the development of RCC, cement-sand mortar and concrete in construction industry
2) It is used in brick/ block and plastering work