Dolomite is a main and common rock-forming mineral which is a calcium magnesium carbonate comforted with chemical composition of CaMg(CO3
. Being a main component of sedimentary rock known as dolostone and the metamorphic rock known as dolomite marble and proves to be a common mineral in hydrothermal veins. Applications of dolomite minerals
are vast and it contains oxygen, carbon, magnesium and calcium in 52:13:13:21 rate. It slightly reacts when exposed to dilute hydrochloric acid. Its characteristics resembles to the properties of calcite mineral, although these two mineral differ in terms of their hardness level. Srinath Enterprises is involved in offering superior grade of Dolomite, which finds application in various industries.
Application of Dolomite Minerals in Livestock Feeds
Found as major ingredient in livestock feeds the product holds a great value in food industry as well. It acts as a reliable source of magnesium and calcium required for strengthening teeth and bones. As suitable feed additive, it serves as an effective remedy for copper poisoning. Inclusion of this mineral in feed additive promotes higher milk production rate in dairy animals.
Application of Dolomite Minerals in Construction, Ceramic and Glass Industry
The most common use of the product is in the construction work as it can be easily crushed and sized for usage as a road base material, an aggregate in concrete and asphalt, railroad ballast, rip-rap, or fill. Dolomite is calcined in the making of cement and cut into blocks of specific size known as "dimension stone." It is used as ceramic glaze for producing dinnerware (in ceramic industry). In Glass production unit, it is utilized for producing optical glass with high refractive level.
Other Applications of Dolomite Minerals
- Agricultural use- It is very efficient in improving the cultivation and adds to the quality of soil by conditioning it. This mineral is effective in improving pH level of soil by neutralizing its acidic content. Moreover, it plays a vital role in boosting cell wall structure formation of plants for improving their immunity function.
- In chemical plants- The mineral reacts wonderfully with acids and used as acid neutralization in chemical plants.
- Heavy industries- The composition of Dolomite minerals helps the product find its way in various manufacturing industry of heavy machinery. It is used as main source of magnesia and hence happens to be a sintering agent and flux in metal processing along with b being a major ingredient in making glass, ceramics and bricks.
- Minimizing pH: Dolomite hosts for numerous deposits like lead, zinc and copper. The solution of dolomite with these deposits helps to reduce and minimize the pH level in extreme cases.
- Oil and gas reservoirs- Dolomite is also useful in oil and gas as reservoir rock. At the time of converting calcite to dolomite, a volume reduces. It leads to pore spaces in the rock that can be filled with oil or natural gas that migrate in as they are released from other rock units. This entire process makes the dolomite Minerals major component and target of oil and gas drilling.
- In healthcare arena: This mineral is used as one of the key element for producing gypsum impressions (used in dental plates).